A Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Miami Helping Victims Recover Compensation
All personal injuries have the potential to be devastating, even minor ones. Those who suffer from them experience pain and sometimes long roads to recovery. However, catastrophic injuries are by far the worse type of personal injury a victim can sustain. Individuals who are injured this severely need an experienced and relentless Miami catastrophic injury lawyer to help them recover their damages. Unfortunately, even victims of catastrophic injuries often have to fight for their legal rights to compensation. Suppose you or a family member suffered such an injury. In that case, you need an advocate who will stand up to the insurance companies and their aggressive legal teams.
Common Causes of Miami Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic accidents can arise from any number of incidents. In fact, even a seemingly minor accident can result in catastrophic injuries in certain situations. That said, certain types of accidents tend to result in catastrophic injuries more often than others. These include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Car-bicycle accidents
- Truck-bicycle accident
- Car – Pedestrian accident
- Truck – Pedestrian accident
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck accidents
- Accidents involving large vehicles
- Public transportation accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Boat and watercraft accidents
- Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Box truck accidents
- Moving truck accidents
- Slip and falls
- Construction site accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Workplace accidents
So many of these situations are preventable if it weren’t for the negligence of other parties. If you suspect that the actions of someone else might have contributed to your injury, it’s time to contact a skilled Miami catastrophic injury attorney. Catastrophic injuries usually come with insurmountable expenses, and you have a right to compensation. When you hire an attorney to represent your claim, they will conduct a full investigation into how your injuries occurred and who is liable for them.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
In general, catastrophic injuries are those that significantly change someone’s life, possibly forever. They result in changes to the victim’s body that are debilitating or humiliating and are extremely painful. These victims often won’t ever fully recover. There are many types of catastrophic injuries which include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Those who suffer a TBI may forever have their lives changed. They may need constant medical care, suffer from depression, seizures, and personality changes. These injuries are typically caused by a hard object striking the head or the head being struck against something.
- Burn injuries: First-degree burns are minor; however second-and third-degree burns are excruciating and have the potential to cause severe scarring and disfigurement. Some are even life-threatening.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI): The spinal cord allows the brain and the rest of the body to communicate. Whether it’s the brain telling the body to move or the body telling the brain that something is cold or painful, the spinal cord is essential to normal human function. When spinal cord injuries occur, the victim may face temporary or permanent paralysis of both legs (paraplegia) or the legs and the arms (quadriplegia). People with an SCI require special medical care and special equipment, which can get expensive quickly. They may also face depression due to their new lifestyle.
- Limb loss: Also known as amputations, these are common catastrophic injuries. Sometimes an injury necessitates a surgical amputation—such as in the case of severe crushing injuries to an arm or leg. Other times, the accident itself may amputate the limb, such as in a car accident or an accident with a heavy piece of machinery.
- Loss of vision or hearing: The loss of the ability to hear or see can be devastating. Losing either sense requires the victim to relearn how to perform many life skills and hobbies. Jobs that expose employees to continuous loud noises or accidents that cause eye injuries are often to blame for this type of catastrophic injury
While these are the most common types of catastrophic injuries our Miami catastrophic injury lawyers help with, there are many others. Discussing your accident and injuries with an experienced attorney can provide you with insight into your legal rights and options during this difficult time.
Do You Have a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
It’s common for injured individuals to be unsure as to whether they have a personal injury catastrophic injury claim on their hands or not. When victims or their families meet with a Miami catastrophic injury attorney, the attorney will be assessing the situation for the four elements of negligence.
Another person or party owed the victim a duty of care. For example, another motorist must come to a complete stop at a stop sign, or a property owner should keep their premises free of tripping hazards.
Breach of Duty
The other person or party violated or breached their duty to the victim. Maybe they were drinking and driving, or a manufacturer failed to warn consumers of a nonobvious safety hazard posed by a product.
The breach of duty directly caused the victim’s injuries. There must a provable link between the other party’s actions and the victim’s injuries.
The victim’s injuries lead to their damages. These can include both economic and non-economic losses, such as past and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If the victim’s situation involves all four of these elements, they likely have a valid legal claim. Their Miami catastrophic injury lawyer can advise them on their next steps and help protect their interests.
Contact an Experienced Miami Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
At the Iscoe Law Firm, we’ve seen firsthand how catastrophic injuries can turn multiple lives upside down. We know the extreme pain, and financial and emotional burdens victims and their families are left to deal with after someone else’s careless or intentional actions. These injuries are not acceptable. While we wish we could heal your injuries, we do hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. Our goal is to obtain full and fair compensation for your catastrophic injuries, which can help you live the best possible life after your accident. You can rely on us to be the advocate you need during such a challenging time.
We offer free injury consultations with an experienced Miami catastrophic injury attorney to help you develop a legal game plan. To schedule yours, contact us at 800-800-6500 or online today. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year.