A Personal Injury Lawyer in Miami Representing the Rights of the Seriously Injured
Injuries unfortunately, are a part of life. However, some injuries shouldn’t be, such as those that could have been prevented. This is especially true when another individual or entity could have done something to prevent a serious injury by not acting negligently or carelessly. If you or a family member recently suffered a serious injury in this way, don’t hesitate to reach out to a well-versed Miami serious injury lawyer. At Iscoe Law Firm, we can evaluate your case and give you advice about what to do next. If you choose us to represent you, we will fight to get you the compensation to which you are entitled under the law.
Serious Injuries Can Result from Negligence
Countless serious injuries can result from negligence. Someone is negligent if they fail to behave in a manner that another reasonable person in a similar position would have acted. For instance, if a grocery store employee walks by a spill on the floor but doesn’t do anything to remove it or warn customers about it, they are very likely engaging in negligence. Suppose a truck driver decides only to take half of their federally mandated rest period. There’s a strong chance that a court would deem the driver negligent should an accident later occur. Similarly, if a drug manufacturer fails to warn others about potentially dangerous side effects of a drug, they are likely engaging in negligence. Fortunately for victims, when other parties are negligent and cause injuries, they are also typically liable for victims’ accident-related losses.
What Can Cause Serious Personal Injuries?
Serious personal injuries can arise from many different accidents or incidents. These include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, such as those involving cars, delivery trucks, semi-trucks, and motorcycles
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Dog or other animal bites or attacks
- Slip and falls or other premise liability incidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Accidents in the workplace
- Accidents at schools or daycares
Those who are seriously injured due to these circumstances or similar can help protect their legal rights by meeting with an experienced Miami serious injury attorney as soon as possible.
Types of Serious Injuries
At Iscoe Law Firm, our Miami serious injury lawyer represent clients with many different types of serious injuries. We know the damages that can result and are seasoned in not only proving negligence on the part of the at-fault party but also in establishing the gravity of the injuries and resulting damages. We handle serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones: Nearly any type of accident can lead to a broken bone. While some are relatively minor injuries, others come with complications and may require surgery, rehabilitation, and weeks or months away from work. Pain is almost always a factor with bone fractures as well.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): A TBI is one of the most severe injuries someone can suffer. Some turn out to be mild concussions that heal with time and brain rest. Others are severe, leaving the injured individual with a lifetime of cognitive disabilities, physical problems, and even personality changes.
- Internal injuries: Whether your internal injuries are broken ribs, punctured lungs, bruised organs, or substantial bleeding, you have suffered a severe injury.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI): When the crucial nerve pathway between the brain and the rest of the body is damaged, there are serious consequences. Paralysis, loss of sensation, loss of bodily control, and many other physical problems can result. Many victims face a lifetime of medical care and therapy after an SCI.
- Severe burns: Second- and especially third-degree burns often require medical and surgical intervention. Some people may need skin grafts and still suffer scarring or other complications. Burns are also very painful and can be debilitating. Burns can occur from motor vehicle accidents, workplace injuries, and defective products.
- Infections: While an infection isn’t generally a serious injury that reveals itself right away, it can result from medical malpractice or a complication of another injury. Even still, severe infections can cause systemic issues with the body and, at times, can even lead to fatalities.
- Keep in mind that this isn’t a comprehensive list. Even if your serious injury isn’t listed, please reach out to our Miami serious injury attorney.
Compensation for Serious Injuries
People who suffer serious personal injuries also suffer many damages. Damages are the financial translation of their losses and suffering. They can be tangible and involve expenses, or intangible and not related to financial losses. Damages that usually apply to victims of serious injuries include:
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental)
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Medical bills
- Durable medical equipment
- Lost wages and income
- Travel to medical appointments
Your potential compensation for your injuries is typically based on the amount and severity of your damages. Other factors can also influence what your case is worth such as the evidence available to support your claim, the parties liable for your injuries, the insurance policies involved, your expected degree of recovery or long-term prognosis, and if you hire an experienced Miami serious injury lawyer to represent your claim. Generally, injured individuals who have legal representation are more likely to receive fair compensation than those who don’t.
Reach Out to a Miami Serious Injury Lawyer Today
Serious injuries require serious legal representation. You will find that representation at the Iscoe Law Firm. We’ve helped many clients just like you recover the compensation they deserve for their serious injuries. We know the hardships and worries that come with suffering a serious injury. We are here to support you through every step of the legal process. Florida law gives injured parties and their families the right to pursue monetary recovery when they suffer a serious injury due to the carelessness or negligence of another person. Insurance companies don’t want you to know that fact as it means they have to pay more claims or pay more for certain claims.
Our firm is here to educate you about your personal injury rights and help you make the best decisions for yourself and your family. To learn more about our services and schedule a complimentary injury consultation with a knowledgeable Miami serious injury attorney, contact us today at 800-800-6500 or online. We’re available 24/7, 365 days a year.