Top 5 Things to Do Immediately After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Did you hear about the recent, horrifying Lyft accident in Boynton Beach, FL? A Boynton Beach man is facing an attempted murder charge after allegedly stabbing a Lyft driver while the passengers watched in horror.
Sadly, following a car crash, ridesharing companies, like Uber & Lyft typically use legal loopholes against injured victims who struggle to recover compensation for their incident without the experience of a knowledgeable legal professional.
This is why it’s so important to know what to do if you are in an Uber or Lyft accident.
Immediately after a crash, you must follow these steps to protect your rights:
- Check to make sure all involved are safe and call 911
- Screenshot your Uber or Lyft receipt and document the time of the incident
- Take pictures of injuries, vehicles (license plates), and the entire scene
- Exchange Insurance information
- Cooperate with law enforcement in completing the accident report
- Communicate with all nearby witnesses and get their information
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Keep track of all medical bills and expenses relating to your injury
Uber and Lyft have been subject to many lawsuits concerning injuries and deaths on behalf of passengers.
In fact, a 2018 University of Chicago study reported that ridesharing contributed to:
- 3% increase in traffic fatalities nationwide
- Traffic deaths at night
- Car Accidents on weekends
- pedestrian fatalities
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney at The Iscoe Law Firm
If you or a loved one have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, recovering damages is not easy. You need an experienced attorney and legal team to investigate your case, negotiate on your behalf, and get you the peace of mind and compensation you deserve.
As always, your representation follows our no-fee guarantee.
That means a 100% Zero Fee Guarantee Unless We Win.
Contact The Iscoe Law Firm Now at (800) 800-6500 for your free consultation and case evaluation.
Lyft Driver incident article: https://bocanewsnow.com/2021/09/12/lyft-driver-stabbed-repeatedly-outside-bethesda-hospital-east/